Don't Forget Closing Costs
Looking for mortgage advice? I will be glad to assist you! Please reach out to me at Sherry@SherryBitner.com
or give me a call at 941-504-1445. When you are ready to get started, you can click here: Apply Now
Every home sale incurs fixed costs. Buyers and sellers sometimes agree to split these costs, as the real estate sales contract specifies.
As indicated below, many of the closing costs are associated when getting your mortgage loan. I will compile an individual comprehensive list of mortgage-related costs in your "Loan Estimate", based on your specific loan qualifications.
Loan Estimates (LE's)
Soon after you submit your application, we'll give you a "Loan Estimate" of your costs. The closing costs enumerated in the LE are estimated based on facts and my experience with mortgage loans. Costs usually vary by a small amount between the LE and closing. I review LE's with buyers almost every day, so I will be happy to go over them with you and answer any questions you have about all the costs.
I'll provided a general list of these costs below, but we'll give you a specific list of actual closing costs, with amounts, up front. I make sure I cover every item possible so there are no surprises. If for some reason costs change, I will be sure to let you know immediately, by sending you an updated LE throughout the process.
- Underwriting Fee
- Appraisal Fee
- Credit Report Fee
- Tax Service Fee
- Flood Certification Fee
- Pre-Paid Interest Payment
- Escrow Fees
- Earnest Money
- Documentary Stamps - Transfer Tax - on Deed (Usually the Seller pays this)
- Documentary Stamps on Mortgage - State
- Documentary Stamps on Mortgage - City
- Recording Fees on Mortgage
- Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI)
- Homeowners Insurance (1 year + 3 mos.)
- Flood Insurance (Flood Zones V & A require this - 1 year up front - takes 2-3 weeks)
- Title Insurance
- Title Search
- Title Exam
- Closing / Settlement Fee
- Owner's Title (Optional - but read up on why you want this!)
- Lender's Title
- Florida Form 9
- Title Endorsements
- Home Inspection (Optional)
- Pest Inspection (Optional)
- Wind Mitigation/4 Point Inspection (Optional)
This is a comprehensive list of most closing costs. But, there are other fees that may be come about due to the type of property you are purchasing or type of loan program you choose. Generally they are 3% to 5% of the purchase price of the property.
I can help you understand closing costs. Please feel free to give me, Sherry Bitner, a call 941-504-1445 or email me at Sherry@SherryBitner.com